1977 Johnson 115 water pump tube question

cngodfather

Recruit
Hello boating Gurus! I have a 1977 johnson 115 4 cylinder with cooling issues. I plan on redoing the water pump and vernatherm. I removed the lower end and It looks like the two copper tubes from the pump to the engine do not fit snug to seal properly. Is there supposed to be a seal to seal them tight or are they supposed to fit loose to let water out? also one of the copper tubes looks a little banged up. is there a trick to round it out better? Thanks.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
The factory water pump overhaul kit is: 439140. In addition to a new housing, it should come with two grommets which will seal the two water tubes. The tubes should nest into the top of the housing snugly. If one of the tubes is bent and won't seat properly, it's possible you will have to replace it. They can get damaged if not re-installed properly. The overhaul kit should come with instructions. You can see the factory explode parts diagrams for your lower unit at this website: epc.brp.com It's will be helpful in replacing this pump and other with other maintenance procedures. Esp when ordering parts.