Approximate year of blue Evinrude?

dhowebuf2

Cadet
I'm considering a used 15HP Evinrude, and I forgot to jot down the Model No. when I looked at it. Can I tell the approximate year by the color? This one appears to be no more than 10 years old or so, and both the cowling and bottom of the motor are a medium blue color. I can't recall ever seeing an Evinrude with this exact color scheme, yet it doesn't look repainted. Thanks!

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Approximate year of blue Evinrude?

dhowebuf2, Going just by color is a tuff call. Evinrude used different colors in the same year. <br />My guess is 1983-84.Dark bule 1986 to present. These are the reason years they use blue.I would look on ebay for the same type motor (Evinrude) and check out the color schemes.Try checking out other sites on the web.<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=17&DaysPrune=1&submit=Go <br />steve

Stassson

Seaman Apprentice

I have a '85 evinrude with what I would call a silver blue finish to it sorry I cant be of more help

BillP

Captain

Mid 50s Evinrude 15hp twins were medium blue...sort of a metallic looking paint.

dhowebuf2

Cadet

Mystery solved - its a 1990. I checked it out again at the dealer, this time with my Evinrude "secret decoder" (INTRODUCES). It looked in good shape, and started and ran well, so I bought it. Thanks.