1971 Evenrude Lark 50 HP Temp Switch

jfl1960

Seaman
My 1971 Lark runs like a top, however when I turn on the key the temp warning buzzer sounds every time, new inpeller and telltale added so I know it's getting water flow, I have disconnected the wire to the temp switch for now but would like to fix this problem, the switch is marked Diacontinued, so I am SOL from the dealers here in Canada and most from the US don't ship (reasonably) to Canada, some want double the price of the part. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The main part I need is, 0378176 - Temp Switch, figured I would replace the thermostat and gasket at the same time if I can find the switch I need.

Kaykatz

Seaman Apprentice
You might want to check to see if the wire isn't grounding somewhere. Disconnect the knife connector and run a test wire from the thermostat to the ignition switch.

jfl1960

Seaman
You might want to check to see if the wire isn't grounding somewhere. Disconnect the knife connector and run a test wire from the thermostat to the ignition switch.

Yes I thought of that, disconnected the wire at the temp sensor and buzzer stopped, wire to control box is fine not grounding out, tested with ohm meter. checked wire to Temp sensor to engine casing, sensor is shorted out and need replacing. I need a new temp sensor part number 0378176 as stated in 1st post, any help in finding a suitable replacement would be greatly appreciated