Antique Boat Motor Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose Swartz

Recruit
I have a 1937 Johnson Model 110 I picked up at a yard sale and would like to know the value of it serial # 267608<br /> Thank You <br /> :confused:

alcan

Commander
Re: Antique Boat Motor Value

Hi Seanymph<br /> A lot of folks ask this question. I just took a quick glance at an OMC year model guide. Now this is a nonscientific very rough estemate. Between 1913 and 1991 OMC Johnson and evinrude put out at least 825 different models of outboard motors. Just how many of each model they produced I don't know,I don't think I have enough data to even guess. Adding to this, the production of all the other manufactures,you can imagine this totals up to a lot of outboards. Now the numbers of collectors is small in comparison to the amount of good motors. So unless a motor was owned by Elvis or someone, The prices tend to be soft. Your motor is probably worth just about what you payed for it.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Alcan's right. If you paid (for the sake of discussion) $20.00 at the yard sale, then that is it's present "worth" because that's what it was worth for you to pull out the wallet and toss the seller a twenty. If you paid $300 for it, then it was worth that much to you, but you'd probably have a hard time finding someone else who would pay that much. Fact is, Johnson ALONE made 1-MILLION outboards between 1921 and the early 1950s. Even given a modest amount of attrition to scrapping, parting out, loss, etc., there's still a lot of them out there. For every $500 motor on eBay there's twenty $10-$50 motors to be had. I've seen several buyers on eBay get suckered by a sales pitch on the "rare" antique only to find out that if they had been a little more patient and done some research, their motor wasn't quite so "rare"...<br />- Scott

acoustic

Recruit

I have an old Sears Ted Williams 4.5 motor that has been sitting in my garage for years. It has not been running for a long time but it was in perfect order when it was put to rest. It was bought new back in the late sixties. Looks great with no rust. Trying to find out what the value might be. Ebay is pretty much useless because nobody is going to pay to have this thing shipped so I am thinking a collector would be a better choice. If anyone has an idea where I could get this info from, it would be much appreciated.

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

I have a 1937 Johnson Model 110 I picked up at a yard sale and would like to know the value of it serial # 267608<br />

Rose...Welcome!!

The value is 20$ plus all the money you'll put into it it to get her running...if she's up to it!? Undoubtedly, collectors usually put in more money than they are actually worth...it's a labor of love and a fun "very addicting hobby!"

Check out the antique outboard club website: aomci.org

and post a picture with your question on the "ask a member" forum to get more info.

Have fun!

Mas

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

Acoustic...Welcome!

Please start a "new thread." Just noticed you actually dug up an old thread that was over 8 years old...kinda like resurrecting the dead.

You'll get a better answer with a new thread all your own.

Mas

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Most antique motors, in immaculate restored condition and running, sell for 450 to $600, unless very rare AND collectible. Some sell for somewhat more, but those are typical prices paid at meets. If you have an old motor, not restored, not running, $125 to 150 is about the top of the range to expect, less is the motor is beaten up. Incomplete motors are even less. Just old doesn't mean it's desirable ... if there were loads made, it's not going to be worth a lot, unless it's new, never run. BTW, antique motor collectors are a very frugal lot. My cousin (who I started on collecting by giving him his first antique motor) now has 35 to 40 motors, with over 25 fully restored and running. He has no interest in 'display' motors.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Wow, I think this one makes the new record, for being an old thread. :D

acoustic

Recruit

Acoustic...Welcome!

Please start a "new thread." Just noticed you actually dug up an old thread that was over 8 years old...kinda like resurrecting the dead.

You'll get a better answer with a new thread all your own.

Mas

This may be a foolish question but I do not see where to start a new thread

BigDave318

Recruit
have a working circa 1941 1.1 horsepower Evinrude Ranger. Does anyone know it’s value. I’m starting to divest of stuff 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.