'99 70Hp Evinrude getting a code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaydz

Recruit
I did a search first but didn't see anything specific.<br />I don't see this code in the Service Manual. When I turn on the switch I get a check engine light code of <br />2 shorts - pause - 5 shorts - 5 shorts - and continuation of 5 shorts ad infiniteum<br /><br />The engine seems to run fine (except for the initial long beep because the check engine light is on).<br /><br />Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be?<br /><br />Thanks in advance

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: '99 70Hp Evinrude getting a code

I have a 1999 ee 70 4-stroke evinrurde service manuel and show no referance to a code 5 or 25 and code 15 initiates SLOW so I am at a loss good luck and keep me posted it would be nice to know.

gurg

Recruit

i am getting the exact same error code did you ever find out what was causing it? my boat spent 2 years in a shop that blamed it in a program being out of date so i have taken it upon myself to find out what the problem is. but i took it out on the water and i can get it up to 3500 rpm but it cuts out to 3000 rpm if i can get up on a plane i'll be lucky to hit 20 mph but the flashing code is 2 pause 5 pause 5 pause and contiunes with 5 i have a service manual and there is no code listed like that

clanton

Rear Admiral

There were computer recalls, but I don`t have the details. This engine made by Suzuki. The suzuki will set code 55 for bad computer. If you buy used computer, should verify the you are getting the updated one.

Haus

Seaman Apprentice
Has anyone found out what caused or repairs this code? Mine just started with this code and will not go over 3300rpm.
starts, and idles just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.