1986 Evinrude 50 hp VRO intermittently bogs down at full throttle

hi all, I am new to this forum and have searched extensively for the issue I am facing with my outboard. Although I have found similar issues, none are exactly like what I am experiencing. I recently bought a used boat that has a 1986 Evinrude 50 hp VRO. The VRO is still connected and appears to functioning properly as I can see based on a mark I made on the transparent oil tank that the oil level is going down slowly.

1. The cold motor starts consistently on first turn of key after pushing in key to engage electronic choke.
2. The motor will not idle however properly without having the fast idle lever in the middle give or take even when the motor is warmed up.
3. Once in gear I will slowly engage throttle to plane and then run WOT and the motor will run at high speed for long periods of time, but will bog down periodically if I throttle down. It will actually bog down at times on its own at WOT. In either case it will usually get going again at full throttle by pushing in the key several times in sequence to prime, then it's runs fine until such a time I throttle down again and bogs down ( in most cases, but not always ) or it bogs down again on it's own.

I have a brand new tank and fuel line with hand primer. Other that that I have not done anything yet. I would like your opinions on what might be occurring before I bring it in for service.

I thank you in advance for your time and effort.

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class
sound like fuel delivery to fuelfiter, to crappy vro pump, to crap in your carbs/jets, could be loose pulse line.