need a Evinrude. 250 v8 lower cowling!!!

hammer250v8

Petty Officer 2nd Class
my front latch broke on my 1991 250 V8. i don't want to mess around with fiberglass work. any of you have one laying around? maybe some ideas where i can find one? thanks.. BTW....the motor ran great while i was in the fla. keys! although i had to replace that lower end after all! if any of you are in south florida and need engine work,i highly recommend Chris Carson's in key largo! great people and even better service! thanks again, chris.....james

alcan

Commander
Re: need a Evinrude. 250 v8 lower cowling!!!

Hi Hammer<br /> Sorry, I don't have a good suggestion for finding another bonnet. How ever unless yours is way gone, I would think it would be easier and less expencive to repair the one you have. Even if you do find a suitable replacement, You may be able to hire this job out, sell the thing,and still come out a few bucks ahead. Markets are differnt in other areas. It is just my opinion, around here these things are at a premium.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: need a Evinrude. 250 v8 lower cowling!!!

I'm not quite sure if youre looking for another hood or a pan but try Superior Marine for used stuff. Call Jack at 800-338-9281. Nice guys.<br /><br />Good luck!