Oil/Gas Mixture for 1979 Evinrude 35hp. (model number 35952A)

bluefin80

Recruit
Recently purchased a boat with a 35hp Evinrude (35952A) and was wondering what Oil/Gas mixture I should use in it?

Thanks.

Edit*
I have been looking online for a while, and the closest I have come is a post saying that every evinrude from a certain year and older use a 50:1 oil/gas mixture. Is this correct?

Last edited:

gonefishin485

Petty Officer 2nd Class
indeed, 50:1 is your mix ratio. if you have a smart phone, download a gas oil mix calculator app. it makes mixing a breeze and saves you from having to do algebra at the gas pump. also a little extra oil in your gasoline mix wont hurt it, and extra ounce or two of oil in your gasoline wont hurt it, remember, too much oil wont burn up a 2 stroke, but not enough oil can.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Recently purchased a boat with a 35hp Evinrude (35952A) and was wondering what Oil/Gas mixture I should use in it?

Thanks.

Edit*
I have been looking online for a while, and the closest I have come is a post saying that every evinrude from a certain year and older use a 50:1 oil/gas mixture. Is this correct?

​Engines from 1964 and younger use 50:1 ,including those from the late 1980s originally said to run on 100:1 . The exception being that some small engines did not have needle roller bearings throughout for sometime after 1964 and are better run on 24:1

50:1 is near enough 1 pint of oil to 6 US gallons gasoline. Useful to remember if you have a 6 gallon tank

if you have a smart phone, download a gas oil mix calculator app. it makes mixing a breeze and saves you from having to do algebra at the gas pump

50:1 is 2%, or 20cc to 1 litre, making life very easy everywhere in the world outside the USA.. No apps or algebra needed! I feel for you guys still struggling with ounces, pints and gallons

bluefin80

Recruit
Finally got to take the boat out on the water today, motor worked great and the boat didnt sink. Cant complain about that, now I just gotta get that depth finder working.