Convert 60's Johnson 33 hp to electric START

bigsam

Recruit
Can I convert this ol' :mad: sucker to an electric :) <br />starter ?... motor model number 33R60A<br /><br />If so where can I find the parts and a good manual with it $$$$ ?...<br /><br />HELP SKIP :D

alcan

Commander
Re: Convert 60's Johnson 33 hp to electric START

Hi Bigsam<br />Sure, this can be done. I'd say the best bet for parts is to scrounge around and find a junk motor that has what you need. On these deals the sooner you got to have it, the more it,s going to cost. Nothing wrong with spending money or speed. Most guys want this feature, until they find out what it will cost. Usually more than the motor is worth. Check around with some of the dealers in town. They might have one in the junk pile and make you a deal you can't refuse.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

bigsam <br />Double check that Model number, as I cannot find it online, unless it's one of these:<br />33603 33 1966 <br />33652 33 1966 <br />Look here:<br /><br /> web page

bigsam

Recruit

Thanx...Skipper<br />I double checked, the model number is 33R69A<br /><br />But, which is the best manual for this model ?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

bigsam <br />Your Motor is a 1969 Model if you did'nt know. There are Manuals at the bottom left of this page, but if you want a Factory Manual, which I believe is the best and is specific to your motor then look at this link:<br /><br /> Manual