Evinrude 225 carb troubles

I have removed the carbs from a Evinrude 225 to clean them. During the disassembly I found that the emulsion tubes in three of them have badly deteriorated.<br />The OMC part number for the carbs is 395963 with a carb number of MX24 AL and the tubes are composite/plastic.. In the parts catalogue these tubes are not listed as a replacement part yet they are removable. Has anyone had any luck locating these tubes via an aftermarket supplier or possibly some good used OEM? Thanks

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 225 carb troubles

They are not listed as a part but you are right, they can be replaced. A dealer will have to plead with someone at Bombardier to get them. There are a couple of different ones so take all those carb numbers you have. You may have better luck if you can locate a dealer who does some high performance work.<br /><br />Good luck!

Brew

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had the exact same problem with my '86 140 Evinrude. The only dealer near me wouldn't help me out with getting replacement tubes (he wanted me to buy the whole carb at about $125 a pop).<br /><br />Ultimately, I went to a hose supply store. They didn't have any fuel tubing that was the same, but they gave me a couple feet of some other stuff that was the same dimensions. I just cut it to size, drilled a couple holes in the side to match the existing holes and inserted (those tubes are just a friction fit).<br /><br />Can't tell you how it turned out yet because I haven't been on the water since, but it started fine in the driveway.<br /><br />I figure if these tubes start to disentigrate in a few years because they aren't intended for fuel, no big deal. It only takes a few minutes to replace them again.<br /><br />Good luck!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Make darn sure its exact. It's a critical part.<br /><br />Good luck!

I have a friend who works for a Evinrude dealer here. When I ask him to try and contact someone at the factory or even their tech support he pretty much said his chances were slim to none. *DRAT* :(

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Find a different dealer who can call factory tech support and help you out. In certain situations, they could supply the emulsion tubes to the dealer. What is your complete model number?

Just take in to consideration all of that deterioration of rubber or plastic getting sucked right into the lungs of your engine, I wouldn't suggest using something else. Call consignment shops, they are all over florida just google them. The good ones have a little of every used part you can imagine for pennies on the dollar.

Just take in to consideration all of that deterioration of rubber or plastic getting sucked right into the lungs of your engine, I wouldn't suggest using something else. Call consignment shops, they are all over florida just google them. The good ones have a little of every used part you can imagine for pennies on the dollar.

I found your parts on ishopmarine dot com they have a full diagram of your engine and the sleeves you were looking for are 3.25 a piece I know this is a couple years late but maybe anyone else who is looking can find them