Evinrude 50 Hp

Keating

Recruit
Greetings,<br />i have just purchased a Thundercraft 15' with a Evinrude 50 Hp outboard with a model number E50ELCSR. from previous posts I can deduct that this is in fact a Evinrude 50 Hp with electric start, but what do the others letters,LCSR denote? As I am new to boating (but have good mechanical knowledge) I have had dificulty in ensuring that the locking device for going astern functions.This appears to be a manual linkage with no adjustments. Is there a way to ensure that the hooked locking mechanism will "give way" under pressure? Is there a way of attaching a remote control (via the main control?) to this model?? <br />Many thanks in advance,<br />Peter

orca

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude 50 Hp

LCSR. L means long shaft, CS means 80 that is built in 1980. cant help you with the R. There is no way to test if the motor lock will give way if you hit something, you could try driving over rocks but I would'nt reccomend it. Yes you can fit forward controls you may need an attaching kit, available from your local dealer.

Keating

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 50 Hp

Thanks Captain Mechanic Whaley,<br />an attaching kit for a 20 year old outboard?? I'll try the dealer but may resort to a locally manufactured device (very local - my workshop!). I suppose that you are having your "winter"now?<br />Thanks again, Peter the beekeeper.