help with evinrude boat motor

jbs

Recruit
we just bought a older winner boat 14 ft.with a evinrude outboard motor..we were told motor was replaced with 1985 75 hp. but were not sure of year we were told.??.The boat sat for 6-8 months<br />before we bought it..<br />when you fire it up it keeps dying out unless you play with choke..when you try and run it out(we've only done with muffs in driveway-as we just got and wanna make sure it runs okay before we take out on water).<br />We also need to know what ratio 2 cycle mixture should be run with this motor???<br />We didn't get manual with boat or motor if anyone has one for this boat or motor we'd appricate a copy of it to help us along..<br />we got the following information off motor if anyone can tell us year ect...386795..Evinrude 75 hp.can anyone tell us year..more about this motor..<br />Thanks for help.. :cool:

alcan

Commander
Re: help with evinrude boat motor

Hi jbs<br />You will have to look for a model #. Somethiing like E75ECO. You will need to determine if you are still using the oil injection feature (VRO). You might want to ask your local dealer to order you up an operators manual. I know I hate to read the book first too.

fireman 757

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds like they didn't run all the fuel out before it sat. You most likely have varnish in that carb. Take it off and get a rebuild kit (probably less than 25 dollars) and rebuild it. There is not much to it. Make sure that the high speed jet is perfectly clean.

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

To tell the age of an evinrude look at the model and serial numbers<br />Example; E35ELENS Mod. no.<br />The E says its an Evirude<br />35 says it's a 35 H.P.<br />the next E says its an electric start<br />the L says its a long shaft<br />the next two letters tell the year<br />I N T R O D U C E S<br />1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0<br />so EN says it's a 1992<br />The last letter is an OEM designation that you usually don't have to worry about