25HP JOHNSON TIMING SETTING'S

mobiouss

Cadet
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME?<br />DO ANY ONE HAVE ANY DATA TIMING SHEETS THEY CAN SEND ME ON THIS MODEL 25R69B<br />PLUGS, POINTS, CARB,<br />I CAN NOT GET THIS ENGINE TO RUN VERY WELL<br />IF ANY ONE HAS ANY TIPS ON THIS ALSO PLEASE WRITE TO ME,THE ENGINE NEEDS YOUR HELP<br />MANY THANKS....MOBIOUSS :)

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: 25HP JOHNSON TIMING SETTING'S

Hello.<br />Your engine is a flywheel magneto.<br />Your plugs would be J4J,or J4C,with 0.030" setting<br />5500 wot rpm<br />For shift removal you have to open the window.<br />The points should be set at 0.020"<br />Hope this will help you a bit.<br />Good luck.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 25HP JOHNSON TIMING SETTING'S

Mobiouss.... Your engine is a 1969 25hp Johnson.<br /><br />The timing of the engine is automatic and determined by the alignment of the crankshaft key with the slot in the flywheel. As long as the key is not sheared, the engine is in time.<br /><br />The points set to .020 on the high lobe of the cam. If the cam has a small section market set, have the fiber of the points aligned with that small section when setting the points.<br /><br />The spark plugs should be Champion J6C plugs set to .030 .<br /><br />The high speed jet is a brass fixed jet located in the bottom center of the float chamber. The adjustable needle valve at the top section of the carburetor is to be adjusted as follows:<br /><br />This is performed in neutral.<br /><br />Gently seat that slow speed needle valve, then back it out one and one half (1-1/2) turn. Start the engine and set the throttle to where the engine will just stay running (it's going to run lousy). In segments of 1/8 turn, start turning that s/s needle valve in. Wait for the engine to respond after each 1/8 turn. As the rpms increase (and they will), adjust the throttle again to where the engine just stays running. You will reach a point where the engine will either start to die out of it will "cough/spit back". At that point, back the needle valve out 1/4 turn. At some area in that 1/4 turn, you'll find the smoothest setting.