Paint code for Evinrude

Quin

Seaman
I want to paint my outboard 1992 60 hp Evirude but don't want to use those aresol paint cans so I have been trying to find out a paint code so I can get some automotive paint mixed up to match,but can't find one.Is their such a thing or does a guy have to buy those cheezy spray cans??

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Paint code for Evinrude

Hey Quin, there is a paint code! I found the code for my 1989 several years ago by calling OMC. I am not sure what the phone# would be now, but I thought you would like to hear that they do exist. Good Luck

Quin

Seaman

Thanks evin300 I will look on the web for the phone #,By the way how is the paint holding up? Was it urethane? enamel? thanks.

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quin, I looked though my notes to find you some more info. I have good news! First of all the paint is holding up very well. I was given the PPG paint number which gave me a few choices of paint style. I chose the "Concept" Acrylic Urethane DCC. This is some paint! Anywho the good news is in my notes from 1996, and they read as follows:<br /><br />Per John @ OMC, "Evinrude Dark Metallic Blue" 89-93 motors has a PPG number which is 16540. The OMC spray can number is 211132.<br /><br />Well thats it Quin, you are set now.

Quin

Seaman

This forum is great! thankyou very much evin300,I would buy you a beer but Washington is a little far for me to drive! Take care, Quin