• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old threads or hijack existing threads. Old threads of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old threads should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís thread (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the thread is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old thread.

5. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís thread. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread.

7. Posting at the end of any thread is considered to be hijacking the original posters thread which in turn subjects the thread to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive thread asking you not to reply to old threads. The Red banner will read: Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

OMC System Check

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC System Check

I have installed the lastest level VRO on my 1990 Johnson and it comes with an Extra wire for Sysetm Check... So Why not install System Check I think... Rubic Cube was easier.. after installing the System Check Tach and figuring out all the Connections (no new harness or Connector for Tach) I have everything done except I can't get the horn to go off for the 1/2 second when Key on..Does anyone know if they came up with a new style alarm horn when system check came out... When I turn the key on My Metal alarm horn give a click that you can feel but not hear.. almost like there is resistance on the wire to ground. The way I think it works is the System Check module Grounds the horn for a 1/2 second to make it beep but mine doesn't beep just a low level click.. Again almost like not enough time for the old style horn to respond. Anyone have any thoughts. or ideas.

Re: OMC System Check

Topwater,I just purchased the same tach that you have and I can't find any wiring information could you help me out? I have a 1977 Evinrude 85. Did you find a plug for the tach? If not how did you connect your wires? And which pins on the tach should connect to what? I could really use your help! Please email me if you would at penniaar@mr1.k12.mo.us Thanks

Comment

Horn and sensor in oil tank not the same. System check does not check anything except the horn and the red lights in the tach, does not check sensors or circuits.
      Help somebody every day, if you can.

Comment

Claton, you are incorrect... System Check is just what it says it is a System Check...System Check has a self test feature.. When the key is turned on the horn will sound a 1/2 second beep and lights will turn on, and then off in sequence. There are 4 four Lights No Oil: the engine is not receiving lubrication oil.... Water Temp: The engine is overheating.... Check Engine: The fuel supply is being restricted... and Low Oil: the oil level in the oil tank is about 1/4 full... When a situation occors taht could damage the engine,and electrical signal sounds the horn for 10 seconds, and lights the appropriate LED on the tach. The horn will stop after 10 seconds but the proper Light (LED) will stay on until the problem is corrected or the key is switch is turned off... Procraft I will E-mail you the info on what pins in the back of the tach do what.... Topwater

Comment

You are correct it will do what you say, but the self test will not test the sensors and circuits to the sensors, each time the key in turned on.
          Help somebody every day, if you can.

Comment

Working...
          X