Motor won't start....fuse keeps blowing

Fuseman

Recruit
Hi there:<br /><br />I really need some help with my motor. I have a 1997- '90 Johnson Spl. I was getting ready to go fishing when I tried turning the key and noticed the battery was dead. I took a battery out of my cousin's truck(bad idea :( ) and we used it. The engine started fine the first time and every time after that I would turn the key and immediately the 20 amp fuse would blow. I would greatly appreciate any advice.<br /> :) Thank you

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Motor won't start....fuse keeps blowing

Did you reverse the battery cables by accident at any time? Better check the rectifier/regulator for shorts...<br /><br /> :confused:

Bear

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Motor won't start....fuse keeps blowing

Check all connections. They can be damp by water. <br />Did you connect something to your electrical system just before this happend?<br />Examine the main switch. <br />But if the engine started just fine with the other battery there might be a shortcut in the cables close to the battery. No shortcut when you connetcted the other battery and moved the cables around, but after a while they got in contact again.<br />When your battery was dead, was the fuse ok? You did blow your first fuse the second time you needed it, going home?<br />The fuse is ok if you turn the ignition on but blows when you turn it to starter position, right?<br /><br />/Bear