88 spl johnson schematic

sam1

Cadet
does anyone have a schematic for the 88hp johnson with a vro tank. How reliable is the vro and There is no warning buzzer on my <br />boat for the vro, is it needed even if you put a little oil in your gas anyway. Sorry for allthe questions.

Trent

Captain
Re: 88 spl johnson schematic

Some love the vro and some dont. I personally like to disconnect them and run 50:1 mix so their is no powerhead failure due to lack of oil. Are you shure you dont have the warning horn or is it just broken?? Its part of the VRO system.<br /><br />What kind of schematic do you want? One of the VRO system?

clanton

Rear Admiral

88 Special not factory equipt with VRO,you have a model number.

sam1

Cadet

just the motor schematic. If there is a horn where is it? Theres two wires comming out of the tank to the motor but what makes the noise?

Trent

Captain

The horn is in one of two places..In the remote control (shifter) or under the dash in the accessory wiring. If you get a "beeping" horn you have a low oil condition (under 1/4 tank). If you get a continuous horn its an overheat condition.<br />You need to check to make sure the horn is working. Find the overheat sensors mounted in the block (should have two wires). Disconnect where its joined and turn the key on and ground the wire to the block..The horn should sound.

sam1

Cadet

Thanks Trent I'll give it a shot.