94 Evinrude fuel line routing

BigKountry

Recruit
Need someone's help!
I bought a 84 McCree Craft with a 94 Evinrude 140 HP. The motor is almost impossible to start when cold. Checked compression and around 115#'s on each cylinder. Replaced the valve on the primer solenoid. The easiest way I have found to start cold is remove air box and manually choke by covering the carb throats. found out the fuel lines were probably routed incorrectly when the VRO was removed. One hose from primer sol feeds into the intake behind the carbs and the other connects to a fitting on front of engine at very bottom. I need to know the proper hose routing to get this thing to start easier. Runs great once running.

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 94 Evinrude fuel line routing

both carbs need solenoid hose. that bottom fitting sounds like a purge connection.
are there any holes in carbs for hoses or just manifold?

Last edited:

phillnjack2

Ensign

no the carbs don't get hose from solenoid, the hose from solenoid goes to the intake manifold just like on the triples.

check to make sure the red lever on the solenoid is going lengthways or it will not work at all on the key and is just for manual.
does the solenoid make a click when you press the key all the in ?

phill

BigKountry

Recruit

the solenoid is working and the valve is in the correct position, that I have checked. I know the lines are not right, I just don't know what right is. I was looking to see if someone might have a fuel line routing diagram so I can get them right.