No Fire after winter storage?!?!

C.O.L.

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1994 Johnson 70hp VRO boat motor that currently will not fire, and I am in need of some troubleshooting tips. The boat ran fine when it was placed in my garage for our long Minnesota winter. I stored it with fogging oil in the cylinders, a can of seafoam, full tank of gas, and changed my lower unit oil as well. When I tried to fire the boat this spring, it will not run. Not even a sputter. I have fuel, I have oil, and I have compression. What I don't have is Spark. I tested this by sticking a spark plug in and turning the motor over with the plug grounded on the cylinder head. And, no spark was seen. None on all three cylinders. Last year the plugs, wires, and coil packs were replaced in trying to troubleshoot a random bog, but was unsuccessful. The bog was so random That it would run amazing for days, even weeks, then would have a random bog and come out of it and run great the rest of the day. What should I start testing, where should I start testing and searching?

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: No Fire after winter storage?!?!

Kill circuit, disconnect the black with yellow stripe wire to the powerpack
You can also unplug the engine wire harness and jump the solenoid too, that will rule out a short in the control kill circuit. That happens a lot.

gas needs stabiliser in it over winter