84 evinrude v4 carburetor

staffratt

Recruit
I just bought a set of New, old stock carburetors for my 84 evinrude v4 model no. E90TLCRD. I need to know where I find out what size jets I need to install in these carbs to work on my motor. I believe these carbs can be used on many size hp engines as long as they are jetted properly. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 84 evinrude v4 carburetor

Go to shop.evinrude.com and look up your motor. Go to carbs and it will give you the jet sizes.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Jet pull the jets out of your old ones and install....

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Agree with Fastbullet. The factory varies the jet sizes and the size of the carb throats in order to make different hp engines (as well as other tuning tricks, heads, timing, exhaust, etc.) I would be concerned when you say you purchased NOS carbs. If they were NOS, the factory carb part numbers: 393769/770 would already have jets in them. Bolt them on and go..If you bought new carbs, but another part number, you need to make sure the carbs have the same throat size cast into the front flange of the carb (like 1 3/16) Also, your carbs have 3 jets per cyl. Some of the older carbs only have two, so confirm what you have. Depending on what you bought, it could have different size jets which could be a problem.

Last edited: