70 hp johnson outboard

OLLIE242

Recruit
i had to manually use the trim buttons on the back of the motor to raise and lower the motor. went to mech. and he said to manually connect the wires at the throttle cable. i did and the trim button on the throttle would lower the motor but not raise. i accidentally touched what i think was the ground wire to a hot wire and now have no power at the motor to raise or lower. also no power at the key to start the motor. did i blow a fuse and if so where is the fuse?

Last edited:

Will Bark

Lieutenant
Re: 70 hp johnson outboard

Fuse should be in a holder close to the starter solenoid. Good luick

OLLIE242

Recruit

i had to manually use the trim buttons on the back of the motor to raise and lower the motor. went to mech. and he said to manually connect the wires at the throttle cable. i did and the trim button on the throttle would lower the motor but not raise. i accidentally touched what i think was the ground wire to a hot wire and now have no power at the motor to raise or lower. also no power at the key to start the motor. did i blow a fuse and if so where is the fuse?

found the fuse. it was bad. actually broken in half. problem is its a 32v 9a fuse. the closet i could come to was 10a. i checked the two auto parts store here and no 9a. is this the correct fuse?

Will Bark

Lieutenant

Mine is 32v 20amp and works ok

Last edited:

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

The parts breakdown I looked at called for a 20 amp fuse.