Need help 1967 100 hp Johnson

Jason1976

Seaman Apprentice
Motor was running a little ruff, but runing no problem. I removed the plugs to test for spark and notice they were wet. Had a spark when testing off the block. I didn't use an air gap tester (didn't have, do now). After turning the motor over a few times the power light on the dash turned off and the boat will not turn over now. A couple times the light came back on, but when I try to turn it over I can hear the starter motor click quickly then the light turns off and I'm back to waiting again. Is this possible bad started solenoid or worse the pulse pack. I haven't notice any burnt fuses or loose wires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need help 1967 100 hp Johnson

You are going to have to check the electrical system using a volt meter or test light.
Start at the battery and work your way to the starter and check for proper voltage, make sure that all the electrical connections are CLEAN and tight.

Jason1976

Seaman Apprentice

We'll I feel dumb!! I checked te batterie several times it felt hand tight. Had no voltage at motor. I put a wrench on the terminals and made them way tight!! It works !! Thanks daveit

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Glad you found your problem.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

It's the little things that always get you. Experience talking.:)