1967' johnson 100 HP won't turn over or start

Jason1976

Seaman Apprentice
1967' Johnson 100hp (V4TL-13a). Won't turn over or start. Ive replace shift cable, oil retainers, and water pump. Boat was working fine, but i notice it was a running a little ruff after it had warmed up. I inspected the plugs first they all appeared really wet. I dried everything off and proceeded to check for spark. Everything sparks! I decided to check compression while I had all the plugs out. After turning the starter over many times to do my checks the red power light went out and the starter is now unresponsive when I turn the key. Any advice were to look? Could it be the starter siloniod? Does the starter have some kind of thermo overload? This happened the first time I got the boat when I initially got it running but seem to reset it's self a day later. I've notice twice the red power light came on, but when I turn the ignition I here a quick click from the starter and the light shuts off again and again nothing is responsive with the key switch.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967' johnson 100 HP won't turn over or start

You've got two posts going here on the same motor. Please stick to one as it's less confusing. Read the rules at the top of the forum !!

Jason1976

Seaman Apprentice

My bad :/ I still need help with the problem above. Do I need to delete the other post? They were to different questions so I thought I needed to make two post .

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

You need to check the electrical system, use a test light or volt meter. Start at the battery and clean and check all the connections for voltage.

Jason1976

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry for the duplicate post. I would delete this one. I don't know how?! Thanks for everyone's help!