Need Help w/1994 Evinrude 200hp motor stalling out when trying to give throttle power

TexasL3

Recruit
Hello, I am new to Iboats community. I need some help diagnosing an engine challenge. I have a older 1994 V6 Evinrude 200 hp motor on my Ranger bass boat. For the last couple weeks, the engine will work fine when I leave the marina and head to my fishing hole. However, later in the day, she starts hesitating and just dies when I try to give throttle power. After restarting several times and letting her idle in gear for a period of time, she will finally take fuel and get up to normal speed running. I have changed the fuel bulb, replaced the fuel filter/water separator, upgraded to premium fuel, and changed to Champion Spark Plugs (supposedly burn hotter.) I also did a compression test WOT and each cylinder came back with a range of 100-105.

What else should I try? Could it be something in the throttle linkage sync or does it sound like a fuel system problem or a carburetor challenge? Maybe it is a fuel mixture problem but I do not have enough engine knowledge. It seems like it is getting flooded with fuel but not sure. I am learning alittle more everyday with this engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help w/1994 Evinrude 200hp motor stalling out when trying to give throttle p

Check your spark when this happens. Spark should jump a 7/16" open air gap on a tester. Have you done the carbs yet ??