How to install a water pump impeller in a 25R69B johnson outboard

nyboater12

Cadet
Hello could someone please tell me how to do the disassembly and reassembly on my model 25R69B Johnson outboard gearcase. So I can replace the impeller I have already removed the four screws and one bolt but I cant get it apart. am I missing something? Or do I need to just pull harder. Thank You

AlTn

Commander
Re: How to install a water pump impeller in a 25R69B johnson outboard

look for the oval plate on the side of the exhaust exhaust < 2 straight slotted screws hold it in place >, remove it and you'll see a brass coupler with 2 screws< this coupler links the upper and lower shift rods > remove 1 completely now you should be able to pull the lower unit down and off. Note the slot in the rod top. To reinstall, this slot must be up in the coupler far enough that the screw can go in cleanly to the threads on the other side w/o interference from the shift rod.

racerone

Supreme Mariner

The oval plate on the side of the exhaust housing must be removed.----Then one of the 2 bolts must be removed.--Note , not loosened but removed.

nyboater12

Cadet

look for the oval plate on the side of the exhaust exhaust < 2 straight slotted screws hold it in place >, remove it and you'll see a brass coupler with 2 screws< this coupler links the upper and lower shift rods > remove 1 completely now you should be able to pull the lower unit down and off. Note the slot in the rod top. To reinstall, this slot must be up in the coupler far enough that the screw can go in cleanly to the threads on the other side w/o interference from the shift rod.
Ok I have done that and it still will not come out is there something else or should I just pull harder

jwillis71

Recruit
ihave a j25reor 25 johnson 1995 can't get the lower unit off how do i get the shift a loose