1960 evinrude 18hp fastwin battery cable harness, key switch start. Help help help

Ryanp111

Recruit
Where can I find a battery cable to fit my starter harness on my 1960 evinrude 18hp fastwin. I want to install a key switch. Can anyone help me please ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 0

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1960 evinrude 18hp fastwin battery cable harness, key switch start. Help help hel

You want a NEW wiring harness? This is the only place you can get one new.

Antique and Classic Outboard Motor Paint & Decals

If you want used, place a wanted ad in your local classifieds, or at aomci.org in the webvertize. They are hard to find though in good condition. I have 2, and the only way you would get them from me is after my funeral from my wife ;)

Ryanp111

Recruit
Re: 1960 evinrude 18hp fastwin battery cable harness, key switch start. Help help hel

You want a NEW wiring harness? This is the only place you can get one new.

Antique and Classic Outboard Motor Paint & Decals

If you want used, place a wanted ad in your local classifieds, or at aomci.org in the webvertize. They are hard to find though in good condition. I have 2, and the only way you would get them from me is after my funeral from my wife ;)

Lol thanks Chris.

whitejd12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Google "Hildebrand Marine" in Coldwater, MI. They have tons of old vintage hard to find parts, etc. I only live 30 miles away and just converted my 72 18hp Evinrude to electric start. He had the mount, starter, solenoid, cables switches everything. I'd bet he'd have what you need. I think it's Seadoo clinic - Snowmobile cylinders, Personal Watercraft, and Outboard Motors. Check it out.

Ryanp111

Recruit

Google "Hildebrand Marine" in Coldwater, MI. They have tons of old vintage hard to find parts, etc. I only live 30 miles away and just converted my 72 18hp Evinrude to electric start. He had the mount, starter, solenoid, cables switches everything. I'd bet he'd have what you need. I think it's Seadoo clinic - Snowmobile cylinders, Personal Watercraft, and Outboard Motors. Check it out.

Thanks Jeff. Ill check it out :)