'76 Evinrude 70hp Lower Unit Seal Kit

js810

Cadet
Hey guys I've been looking around the web everywhere to try and find a seal kit for my '76 70hp model 70673D and for some reason I can't find anything. I see older 70hp models simlar but they'll start at '78 and go up or they'll stop just short of '76. Is there another kit I can put on this motor from a different year? Or am I just being my normal self and missing something. I was wanting to order from iboats since its my go to spot for anything to do with my boat and any friends boats or motors but I don't see one on here either. Any help locating one would be GREATLY appreciated. I was also going to put in a new impeller right away while i was at it if you could point in the direction of one of those right away that'd be great.
Thanks ahead of time guys

eavega

Lieutenant
Re: '76 Evinrude 70hp Lower Unit Seal Kit

Had the same problem a few years back. Seems that there is a switch from the large gearcase to the small gearcase somewhere between 1974 and 1978. What I was told was to order the 2660 seal kit with an additional 2059 oil seal. The 2660 will contain a few extra o-rings, but has everything you need to seal the gearcase except for that extra oil seal. Good luck.

Rgds

Eric

js810

Cadet
Re: '76 Evinrude 70hp Lower Unit Seal Kit

Thanks eavega. I didn't know what to do and was getting extremely confused that I couldn't find what I needed for my motor. Much appreciated!!