1982 evinrude

fishgurru

Cadet
Thanks for all the help on the 82 running like a charm but have to ask where does the water exit on the 4hp. On the bottom of the head is a opening as you can see on the pic is that where the water is to come out our is it for the exhaust. I put all new water pump a grommets on when i did a complete over haul. i see a series of holes on the bottom of leg is this where exhaust and water comes out also toke a pic of that to.IMG_0975.jpgIMG_0976.jpg Again thanks for all your help

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 1982 evinrude

There and maybe done by the prop too, those holes are too small to do al the exhaust and water.

Your cavitation plate might have a hole out the back of it

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Water should mist lightly out the pinholes on the back of the motor leg. That is the exhaust relief.

Not sure about the hole in the bottom of the cylinder block. Never noticed that before. Does the cylinder block model number match the one on your clamp bracket?

fishgurru

Cadet

yes everything is original i thought i was missing a piece but i took pics of everything i did and that was there before i rebuilt it no water comes out but i feel a small amount of warm air coming out but not strong like exhaust gas.