Need to remove motor....Evinrude Johnson lift ring 1986 v4 90 hp. ..where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anybody help with a photo please. I need to lift the motor can't find a ring

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Need to remove motor....Evinrude Johnson lift ring 1986 v4 90 hp. ..where is it?

if its not behind flywheel its gone.
You can buy one to screw on the crank.
Ive lifted one of these myself quite easilywith LU and starter and flywheel removed

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Need to remove motor....Evinrude Johnson lift ring 1986 v4 90 hp. ..where is it?

IMG_2211.jpg
You can just see it sicking up behind the flywheel on a 90hp i rebuilt here

Last edited:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The factory exploded parts diagram is somewhat unclear regarding this lifting hook. It shows the following information: If you do not have power trim, that the engine should have that lifting hook. (6 amp stator models) These usually are the 88 models, where the trim was an option. It is likely that all other models (88, 90, 110, 115) that have power trim, use the 3/9 amp stator with the upgraded water-cooled combination rectifier/regulator- which is bolted into the top of the block right behind the flywheel. When that device is installed, there may be no lifting hook. In those cases, you need to use a 3-legged automotive puller bolted to the top of the flywheel to lift the engine. Check out the factory parts lists: epc.brp.com Maybe one of the other experts has additional information.

Last edited:

bill0525

Cadet
I hve that motor...we hd to switch the tilt rod around..we used tow syraps and an little engine hoist. But it atill will not get off its as and gallop when in the water...ive put new plugs wires carburaters fuel pump..its unreal..and im told there is no limp mode on it because it is an 87. Your looked either newer alot cleaner or rebuilt...if so. Any help?? It is off topic a bit but that lift ring is under the flywheel i think

Status
Not open for further replies.