johnson 25hp missing engine male fuel connector

joho5

Chief Petty Officer
I just got a 25hp Johnson motor...its a 2002 I believe.

Anyways, the male connector that is typically attached to the engine is missing. Its just a fuel line sticking out with a fuel filter.

I was just wondering if the two prong male connector is necessary.....or can I just run a fuel hose straight to the carb?

My primer bulb line detaches from the gas tank so if its not necessary I wasn't going to get one.

thanks

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson 25hp missing engine male fuel connector

I just got a 25hp Johnson motor...its a 2002 I believe.

Anyways, the male connector that is typically attached to the engine is missing. Its just a fuel line sticking out with a fuel filter.

I was just wondering if the two prong male connector is necessary.....or can I just run a fuel hose straight to the carb?

My primer bulb line detaches from the gas tank so if its not necessary I wasn't going to get one.

thanks

Not looking up your particular engine here on iboats part section, I can't say for certainty but they still sell one for my older 1976 40 HP Johnson. So there should be one available for yours too. Personally I'd like to disconnect like it was designed to do rather then have a hanging hose...

joho5

Chief Petty Officer

Not looking up your particular engine here on iboats part section, I can't say for certainty but they still sell one for my older 1976 40 HP Johnson. So there should be one available for yours too. Personally I'd like to disconnect like it was designed to do rather then have a hanging hose...

but will it work fine like it is with the hose going straight to the carb with out a male fitting on the motor?

At least until I can get one?

Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Of course it will work if connected with no leaks or obstructions. The disconnect is just a convenience.