P/N for fill and drain plugs/gaskets 1957 AD-11 Johnson 7.5 h.p.?

JimVmd

Cadet
On my subject engine, the lower oil fill and drain plugs are a bit buggered, so I would like to replace them and gaskets with new.

My part catalog shows:
Part #23 Plug P/N 27-283 (2 ea.)
Part #24 Gasket P/N 27-284 (2 ea.)

I cannot find the part numbers listed on the web. I imagine this P/N has been superseded once or several times over.

Can someone please get me on track with the current O.E.M/Sierra part number references?

Also, any hints and tips on resealing the gearbox on this series Johnson/evinrude would be appreciated. I'm going to install a seal kit, and need more study on it before surgery is attempted. I also am interested in any part number reference for seal removal tool or other special tools which would help with this repair.

Oil drained; looks like a warm toned cream/beige latex wall paint, or, could also pass for caramel-flavored coffee creamer, so I know it has seal issues.

I've reworked everything else on this outboard (top down), so I guess I'm into it's toes now...

Thanks,
JimVmd

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: P/N for fill and drain plugs/gaskets 1957 AD-11 Johnson 7.5 h.p.?

That part has been the same for about 40 / 50 years of production. Every outboard shop has them in stock.