1976 johnson vernatherm cover screws

gpmike02

Cadet
Ok, i have been searching and cant find the answer im looking for maybe someone can help me out. I need to replace the screws that hold the vernatherm cover/adapter housing on, part number 0314907. Well they are obsolete and i cant find them, does anyone know the thread pitch of those two bolts? I havent gotten them out yet, im going to have to cut them out due to being so rusty and rounded off. Im hoping that once i get the cover off i can use vise grips and screw the bolts out once the head is cut off. They have been soaked in pb blast three times over the past week and no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mike

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976 johnson vernatherm cover screws

The Bombardier dealer website shows that there are some 10 US dealers across the country that still have new (NOS) stock on this eact screw. As a for instance, this dealer has 5 pcs: BILL'S MARINE SERVICE, 20721 GARRETT HIGHWAY, OAKLAND, MD. 21550 Phone: (301) 387-5536 email: dino@billsmarineservice.com Stocked part number: 0314907 Give them a call with your credit carb # and they will ship you the screws. There are other dealers, too. If you want to see if there is one more local, contact your local Bombardier dealer and have him inquire his dealer website for obsolete parts listings.