Newbie question on cutoff switch 1976 25hp evinrude model 25653E

Ripekg

Seaman Apprentice
I'm sorry to sound so inexperienced but it's probably true.

I need help deciphering what to do. Here's my situation.

I have purchased the cut off switch plate, nut, button electric wires etc. to put this part all back together.

When I look at the diagram it doesn't seem to match up with the parts I purchased that are for this boat model year etc.

This is an Evinrude 1976 25hp electric model# 25653E with pull start capabilities.

Here are the parts I bought to install a stop switch which is what I thought was necessary seeing this has a pull start (manual) and is electric.
image.jpg

I am wondering, according to the pictures attached, if this has been set up for an electric key start and I'm supposed to buy something different than the cut off button on this outboard motor.
image.jpg

I am mounting this on an old 12 foot Avon dinghy. I need to know if it's possible to purchase a key start that just plugs into the picture that's in this post, or am I missing something?

I really would appreciate anybody who can help me with this, I feel so lost at this point.

image.jpg

Thanks! Eli

image.jpg

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: Newbie question on cutoff switch 1976 25hp evinrude model 25653E

The multi pin connecter that you see is for a remote start harness.-So if you have a solenoid mounted on the motor all you really need is a start button and a stop button to start and run it from the tiller.

Ripekg

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Newbie question on cutoff switch 1976 25hp evinrude model 25653E

Are you aware if that start stop Comes in a plugin version that would be usable at the motor, since it's being controlled at the motor?