high voltage alarm E40Plee 1999 evinrude 4 stroke (suzuki motr)

MadTom

Seaman
if have an intermittent alarm going off because the output voltage is exceeding the high voltage allowed, which is as high as 17-18 volts. Sometimes the alarm it will spike up within a few minutes of starting, sometimes within 20 minutes. On the gauge you can see the output voltage creep up from normal quite quickly until it sounds the alarm, but then it seems to settle down and the alarm may or may not sound again, either for this boat ride or next time out. Is this symptom of a bad rectifier as it's been suggested to me? suggestions please would be greatly appreciated

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: high voltage alarm E40Plee 1999 evinrude 4 stroke (suzuki motr)

Sounds like a bad voltage rectifier/ regulator. Check all your battery cable connections for being good, clean and tight.

MadTom

Seaman

Sounds like a bad voltage rectifier/ regulator. Check all your battery cable connections for being good, clean and tight.

Thanks - what info can you tell me about the links that appear on this site related to parts for sale,,, for my specific model E40PLee the part number is 5031465 but i do not see that listed. they only show the JPL which replaces a different part... also do these vendors ship to canada...

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Have you tried right here on I-Boats ?? You can also try a BRP Dealer. I looked up your motor and the part# is correct.

MadTom

Seaman

Have you tried right here on I-Boats ?? You can also try a BRP Dealer. I looked up your motor and the part# is correct.
Thanks , can you provide me the link for the my part number as my search (on this site) only finds the part for the other E40 model, and not mine. BRP price in canada is $230, but $150 in USA. if i can buy it from this site i will.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The site I found it on was shop.evinrude.com.

MadTom

Seaman

The site I found it on was shop.evinrude.com.
I've found the specific part for my boat online, but was looking for a site from the USA that would ship to canada. $70 price difference (35%) is a rip-off for us canadians, but I believe BRP has a pretty tight rope around the neck of the USA dealers not to allow them to ship outside USA. Thanks, guess i gotta buy "local" lol