90 HP Evinrude E90ELEDR

Hydroman55

Recruit
I am leaking fuel out of the device that has a red handle and a device that looks like a tire valve stem. Does anyone know that this is and is there any adjustment when replacing it? It is located between the carbs.

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 90 HP Evinrude E90ELEDR

that is your primer solenoid it is easily replaceable,no adj. reqd. most dealers have cap kit in stock. look to see if the black cover is cracked.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The lever/valve (with the Schrader connection) is 175158. The plastic cover and gasket for it is 437228.

Hydroman55

Recruit
90 HP Evinrude E90ELEDR

Thank you for the help with the valve. The new one came in today and I replaced it. It was cracked and did stop the fuel leak. I thought the issue with the engine starting and then stalling was air being sucked into the fuel system. I was wrong, I still have the same issue. I choke the engine, it start, runs a few seconds, it beeps and quits. I can choke it and do it all over again. I can put the schrader valve in the start position and gas runs out of the carbs.
Thanks

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

During normal operation, that Schrader valve must be in the "run" position, which is parallel to the length of the solenoid. Was it the cover or the Schrader valve that was cracked. Did you replace both?

Hydroman55

Recruit

During normal operation, that Schrader valve must be in the "run" position, which is parallel to the length of the solenoid. Was it the cover or the Schrader valve that was cracked. Did you replace both?

Yes, Both were replaced. I was looking at the parts diagram and noticed the float. I was wondering if the needle was stuck and somehow it was getting fuel just enough for it to hit and quit. I pulled off one of the fuel lines going to the carbs and hit the starter to see if I was getting fuel. It had a good flow, so a stuck needle was rules out. I removed one of the drain plugs on a carb that was easy to get to and it had fuel also. I checked the plugs and all looked good and were wet.

I put it back together and it started and ran and ran and ran...I started it several times yesterday and it seems to be fine now. I hope to take it to the lake today for a short ride to check it out. I am now just trying to figure out what changed to correct the problem.

I've had I/O boats for years, the outboards are new to me and it is taking a bit to get use to how it all works.
Thanks to all for the information and help, Maybe I can pay it forward one day and help someone else.

IMG_1716.jpg