Johnson 150 Gt flywheel problem,please help!!!

dewaynes72

Recruit
Hello this is my first post but i have read hundreds of threads which have helped me troubleshoot and repair different things on my boat,this is a great forum and very informative. I have a 1989 Ranger 364v with a johnson GT 150 35 amp system j150stlcem and my center hub magnet in my flywheel is cracked,does anyone know of anywhere to find the center magnet or a flywheel.I have been looking online and emailing trying to find either with no luck,thanks for any help or information.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson 150 Gt flywheel problem,please help!!!

Post a close-up picture of the damaged magnet.

dewaynes72

Recruit

Thanks racerone for the reply its not a great picture but its cracked in one of the two slits and now you can just spin it around,i looked up the location of the slits but the broke one is now wider than the other.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

A center timing ring problem is fatal. Those timing rings are set at the factory and not repairable. Look for a new flywheel. Replacement flywheel 582572 supercedes to: 583844. NLA, no stock left at the factory. There is one dealer in the us that still has one new flywheel in stock: US BOATWORKS INC. 930 OSAGE AVE, KANSAS CITY, KS, 66105-1850. These 35 amp systems were common (on many of the 150/175 XP/GT engines during those years,) so you may be able to find a used one somewhere.

Last edited:

dewaynes72

Recruit

Thanks emdsapmgr for the info,that is what i needed to know i will check us boatworks and keep checking to see if anyone has a used one.I found the magnet kits but it didnt come with the center one so i started looking for a used flywheel and havent found one,i will keep looking,thanks again.

Bluefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a flywheel and I think I have the magnets for a VE150TXES if your interested PM me