Fuel lines for 1976 15hp Johnson

Seahorse16

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Doing an overhaul on a 1976 Johnson 15 hp I picked up last fall. All the fuel lines are shot, including the line from gas tank. I replaced that (easy to find obviously) and I found a fuel line that goes from male connector on engine housing to fuel pump. This line was slightly smaller than line from gas tank. Now I need an even smaller line that runs from fuel pump to carb. The local hardware store has this smaller size, but it is clear in color. Would this work? I'm worried it may not withstand the heat off engine. Any other ideas to obtain this fuel line? Does it need to be black hose?

Thx!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel lines for 1976 15hp Johnson

It would be 3/16" fuel hose.----Available at many automotive supply stores / TSC and others.

Seahorse16

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thx! Hard to tell size on an old stretched out line. Unfortunately I've tried 5 auto parts stores and nothing. The fuel line at the hardware store is an actual fuel line hose, just didn't know if it would work for an outboard

Bosunsmate

Admiral

if its a fuel line hose then thats fine, not much heat there anyway

kbait

Commander

It's actually 5/32" pump to carb, 5/16" connector to pump. I buy it by the foot from my outboard parts guy.

Folks will use 3/16 and 3/8, as it's easier to get at the auto shop.. Just be sure to clamp properly.

Good luck!