1957 johnson 7.5 hp AD-11 seeking fuel filter and gasket p/n

JimVmd

Cadet
I finished the ignition problem. Working on fuel. I need a new fuel filter and nut, and was wondering the correct part numbers are. Glass bowl also needs the o-ring.

Can anyone help with the part numbers? One reference I found stated for a similar engine:
Filter OMC 303133
Gasket OMC 303122
Glass bowl OMC 303121

I need the filter, the nut which attaches it, and the 0-ring (or gasket) to seal the glass bowl. Bowl is there, just nothing in else. I need confirmation on p/n-s and any suggested source for purchase.

Thank you,
JimVmd

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1957 johnson 7.5 hp AD-11 seeking fuel filter and gasket p/n

The nut is 304539

The rest of your numbers are correct.

Another option would be to plumb a white plastic filter in the fuel line and leave the bowl empty.

JimVmd

Cadet

Good option Chris, just need to find a good fresh oring for that. I'll hit Napa and others and see if I can find one that matches the top rim of the bowl.

nwcove

Admiral

Good option Chris, just need to find a good fresh oring for that. I'll hit Napa and others and see if I can find one that matches the top rim of the bowl.

if you are referring to the seal between the glass bowl and the carb, i really dont think an o-ring will work there, best off to get the right gasket. jmo

nwcove

Admiral

i think the glass bowl would just push an o-ring towards the filter, and not seal at all.( maybe i think to much .lol) the proper gasket is expensive for what it is, but, breaking the bowl trying to get a seal is more bucks than a gasket. been there, glad for parts motors....the bowl aint cheap new.

JimVmd

Cadet

Thanks Chris and HighTrim. I actually bought the ebay listing. Crap shoot on how rotten it is, but no hurry. I stated o-ring, but appears to be a flat gasket. I hear on that glass bowl - sure don't want to crack or damage it; looks like a painful replace.
If the gasket seals that HighTrim pointed to, I'll plumb-in an in-line filter and be done with that. I see correct filters out there, just can't find the retaining nut.

Willyclay

Captain

Isn't p/n 303133 the sintered metal filter that is re-useable because it can be cleaned? Factory manual says use fresh gasoline but I would think carb cleaner and/or brake parts cleaner would do the trick.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Isn't p/n 303133 the sintered metal filter that is re-useable because it can be cleaned? Factory manual says use fresh gasoline but I would think carb cleaner and/or brake parts cleaner would do the trick.

Correct Willy. He doesn't have it at all though, it was missing.

Willyclay

Captain

Thanks Chris! I don't have an AD on hand and was going by memory (bad) plus the service manual (good).

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral

I purchased a fuel bowl seal last autumn for my 5.5 (5512) . Don't remember the price but they are around.

JimVmd

Cadet

Thanks everyone,
With the part number references, I found all the missing innards to that glass bowl. Two orders, two shipping charges, but was successful and will have by the weekend.
Thanks,
JimVmd