Lifting eye bolt for Etec?

BrokeLoser

Seaman
Is there an alternative to the expensive lifting eye that BRP offers?
For a 2007 200hp etec HO.

Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lifting eye bolt for Etec?

How much do they want for it ??

Last edited:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Factory lifting fixture 40-300 hp. (except 60 degree): 396748. Looks like it screws onto the threaded crank end. Under $ 175.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I may have one..........its brand new , unused and looks like this guy:
jjoetx.jpg

is that what you are looking for?

bob

racerone

Supreme Mariner

When hoisting / rigging is involved there are rules that come into the picture.--------You can not supply flimsy equipment to hoist $20,000 motors.----Liability issues too.-----This stuff is engineered and priced accordingly.

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

It's cheaper to buy the proper lifting equipment than to drop motor and even have somebody get hurt.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

deleted by commentor.

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

gm280, I understand exactly what you're saying but I'm not going to recommend doing this on this forum. I made plenty of "home built tools" but would not recommend to somebody I don't know in person.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

gm280, I understand exactly what you're saying but I'm not going to recommend doing this on this forum. I made plenty of "home built tools" but would not recommend to somebody I don't know in person.

Bobbie, very good point that I haven't thought about. Maybe I need to display a disclaimer on all my posts after thinking about it. Because even though these are personal opinion comments, some hot-shot lawyer could make them a huge issue if anybody did get injured after reading mine or anybody else's opinions and suggestion. Your comment will make me cut on answering more questions now...thanks for the info... :eek: Never ever thought I was getting myself into possible legal issues with suggestions and answers before this... I may stop completely now! I don't need to be sued! Just isn't worth it...

Last edited: