Fuel pump installation to a 1956 Evinrude mode l7520

baseboy47

Cadet
I have A 1956 7.5 HP Fleet twin outboard motor. I was wondering what I would have to do to install a fuel pump so I can get an updated gas tank for it. Any info would be great. If anyone knows a part number that would be good too. I just need to know what kind of set up as far as tank, line and fittings I would need too.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel pump installation to a 1956 Evinrude mode l7520

Ok you will obviously need the single line tank and line with fittings.

You will then need to change the connector on the motor side to accept a single line tank.

You will need a fuel pump, and new fuel line. You can go with a small plastic pump like a Briggs Stratton or Mikuni. I have used many on the small 7.5s with success. You can get them on ebay for like 10 bucks. If going that route, you will need to then remove the bypass cover, drill and tap a hole for a fuel barb, install the barb and run a line from it to the pump for your pulse. You then plug the old pressure line that went to the old fitting with a bolt or whatever. If you need any more detail on this, or pics let me know.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Here is what the Briggs pump looks like.

Another option is to get a factory pump, or aftermarket Sierra, and make a cover for the bypass cover and mount it direct.

EDIT: having trouble uploading right now will post momentarily

nwcove

Admiral

i used a briggs and stratton pump (#808656) but a single line mikuni is as good or better. the best option for the pulse is drilling and tapping one of the bypass covers. as far as switching to the single line quick connect, a connector from the 1960's thru at least mid 1980's is a direct bolt on single line connector. ( not sure on later single line male connectors ?)...sorry for the bad pics! lol

edit: those pics are worse than i thought!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1722.jpg
    DSCF1722.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF1723.jpg
    DSCF1723.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: