Winterizing a 40 hp evinrude 4 stroke

blmccall

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Y'all
Got another question.(3)
I recently purchased a Princecraft with a 40 hp Evinrude model E40PL4SS (1999)
What is best way to winterize it. With fogging oil or not.Where to inject it in EFI? Any suggestions will help.
What is best oil for it?
Are these reliable engines.I am new to 4 stroke.

Thanks in advance
Canuck of the north. (Lyle)

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Winterizing a 40 hp evinrude 4 stroke

I just check lower unit for no water contamination.
I just defog like i would a two stroke into air intake and into cylinders directly afterwards and i also run the lines dry.
Running it every 3 weeks or so would save you all the winterising problems. Not many places around the world going into winter now for a while.
I dont know about that engines reliability sorry

blmccall

Seaman Apprentice

I just check lower unit for no water contamination.
I just defog like i would a two stroke into air intake and into cylinders directly afterwards and i also run the lines dry.
Running it every 3 weeks or so would save you all the winterizing problems. Not many places around the world going into winter now for a while.
I dont know about that engines reliability sorry

Thanks much From cold Canada It was 7 Below Far. this morning here
Lyle

racerone

Supreme Mariner

They are a super running motor when they run. ------If something goes wrong with this SUZUKI motor then you may find them to be hard to repair / difficult to get parts for in the future.

blmccall

Seaman Apprentice

They are a super running motor when they run. ------If something goes wrong with this SUZUKI motor then you may find them to be hard to repair / difficult to get parts for in the future.

Thanks
I talked to the local Evinrude dealer and he said the were about the best 4 stroke made and parts are not a problem. I do hope that nothing goes wrong. Its on a Princecraft deluxe Starfish 16ft boat

Canuck of the north