2003 Johnson 90 (Bombardier)

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer
Noticed the oil was getting a little low, so I topped it off with a fresh gallon of synthetic (at the house) before I left. I put the boat in the water, and the motor cranked right up. Idled out into the channel...all of a sudden I get a constant horn with the "NO OIL" light on my systems check tachometer. I immediately shut down the motor and went to investigate. I force pumped the ball (at the oil tank) and cranked her back up. No more horn, no more light....it ran great after this incident.

What happened here, and do I need to investigate further?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2003 Johnson 90 (Bombardier)

The oil level in the tank may have been to low. Just keep your eye on it and carry some extra oil in the boat to dump in your fuel if it happens again.

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

Thx Boobie. How is the water over on that side? It was flat over here.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I'm about 10 miles from the Gulf and don't get down there to often. You'd have to ask my wife that question as she goes all the time. The only problem in being here now is to many damn snowbirds. Come on summer.:laugh:

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

I was just saying the same thing. Everything is packed around here. I can't WAIT for summer.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I guess I'm lucky. I belong to the VFW and the Eagles clubs and they're both close by. To hell with the beach time. LOL Get back to us if you have any more problems.

Last edited: