1994 Evinrude Ocean Pro -Tilt/Trim not working

Luvtofish123

Recruit
The tilt/trim on my '94 150 Evinrude Ocean Pro stopped working. Does not work from Engine or Throttle. I have 12v to the relays. If I pull one relay and jump from the 12v to the tilt motor wire it goes up. If I put that realy back and pull the other relay and jump the 12v to the other motor wire it goes down. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this,or ideas on a fix. It's obviously not the motor, I am doubting that both switches or both relays would fail at the same time.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: 1994 Evinrude Ocean Pro -Tilt/Trim not working

The tilt/trim on my '94 150 Evinrude Ocean Pro stopped working. Does not work from Engine or Throttle. I have 12v to the relays. If I pull one relay and jump from the 12v to the tilt motor wire it goes up. If I put that realy back and pull the other relay and jump the 12v to the other motor wire it goes down. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this,or ideas on a fix. It's obviously not the motor, I am doubting that both switches or both relays would fail at the same time.

:welcome: to iboats

Have a look here, at the bottom you will see trim diagrams
Mastertech Marine -- EVINRUDE JOHNSON Outboard Wiring Diagrams

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Just for the heck of it swap the relays once and see what happens. Also check ALL the connections for any corrosion.

Last edited:

Luvtofish123

Recruit

:welcome: to iboats

Have a look here, at the bottom you will see trim diagrams
Mastertech Marine -- EVINRUDE JOHNSON Outboard Wiring Diagrams

Thank You So much. That Schematic is perfect !

Luvtofish123

Recruit

Just for the heck of it swap the relays once and see what happens. Also check ALL the connections for any corrosion.

I tried swapping the relays. Going to clean the connections and I got a wiring Diagram which is going to help a allot !Thanks for the reply !!