how to operate a evinrude junior

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: how to operate a evinrude junior

Dont put straight fuel in. Mix it 50/1
I cant remember if they a aircooled or not, someone will say.
In the mean time dont try and start it unless the bottom third of the motor is submerged in at least a bucket of water otherwise if it has a waterpump it might burn out.
I think there is a airmix knob in there and a choke and a throttle up the top.
Post a photo if you can. Click icon second to far right in the tool bar on the top of the reply box.
There is probably a on off fuel switch on the side of the motor to you will need to turn on.
Hope you know how to row

Last edited:

brian5720beth

Recruit

Dont put straight fuel in. Mix it 50/1
I cant remember if they a aircooled or not, someone will say.
In the mean time dont try and start it unless the bottom third of the motor is submerged in at least a bucket of water otherwise if it has a waterpump it might burn out.
I think there is a airmix knob in there and a choke and a throttle up the top.
Post a photo if you can. Click icon second to far right in the tool bar on the top of the reply box.
There is probably a on off fuel switch on the side of the motor to you will need to turn on.
Hope you know how to row

it has ratio by the gas tank it says 100/1 is that 2 cycle oil right because I think the guy told me he put 5w20 with the gas so u think I should tare it down and clean the 5w20 out and get 2 cycle oil

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

As far as I know the ratio was changed to 50:1 long ago.Just run it with any good TCW3 rated oil.

brian5720beth

Recruit

As far as I know the ratio was changed to 50:1 long ago.Just run it with any good TCW3 rated oil.

do u think the oil mixture is what is stopping it from running what u suggest I do to the gas that is already in it with the 5w20 oil

hidef

Lieutenant

Dump all of the old gas out of it and dispose of it. Hopefully the PO hasn't ruined the engine as 5w20 is not designed to be run in a two stroke. the proper fuel mix is 50:1 OMC sent out a notification that 100:1 was wrong and not to run the engine with the ratio.

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer

The motor is water cooled. Because of its age and since you don't know it's history I'd replace the impeller. It's a little impeller that will distort if it's been sitting for a long time. You can fire it up to see it start and run but I'd be careful it doesn't overheat.

racerone

Supreme Mariner

Micture ratio does not matter as far as the starting goes.---Motor will start on 12:1 or 100:1 or straight gas.------Mix it at 50:1 for this motor.

nwcove

Admiral

rent, buy or borrow a compression tester before spending any $$ .....even on fresh fuel. jmo