Water pressure gauge install

BN1976

Recruit
I have a 1994 Evinrude 115 V4 and I'm trying to install a water pressure gauge and I'm not exactly sure where to tie into the motor at. The tell tale works fine but I've read other threads and some said to just tee into that and some said not to. The instructions that came with the gauge aren't very clear pictures and I just want to make sure I tie into the right place. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Will Bark

Lieutenant
Re: Water pressure gauge install

I teed into the tell-tale line and it worked just fine. good luckl

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

You can tee it at the telltale hose. I'd check the water pressure when it's T'd - and then remove the telltale line and connect the gauge hose-direct. Then see if there is a diff in pressure reading. Possible the pressure reads lower when it's t'd, so you may op to just run the gauge direct, by itself. You can decide.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Possible the pressure reads lower when it's t'd, so you may op to just run the gauge direct, by itself. You can decide.
It might read a lil low. Plus it's so gauche to have your motor 'peeing' into the water ...

BN1976

Recruit

Thanks guys for the info, I will try teeing into it and checking pressure then by itself. I'll report back when job is done and give y'all the results.

"Tight Lines"

V153

Lieutenant Commander

I will try teeing into it and checking pressure then by itself
Can't hurt but honestly doubt it'll make much difference. BUT, if'n the gauge works you really no longer need a 'peehole'.

Plus it's always fun to come up with witty answers to those who question why yer motor ain't 'peein' ...