Removal of Remote Control

dolla101

Cadet
Hey guys hopefully you can help me out. I have a 93' VJ115TLETS. To make a long story short,took my boat out a few weeks ago and she was running fine, then i tried to come in, and it would start no crank nothing. I did some research and first thought it was the neutral safety switch, so i manually started the motor by jumping the solenoid. When i got her to start and the prop was spinning like it was in gear, so i shifted to reverse,forward & neutral, still spun. That led me to believe it wasn't the NSS, it was the shift throttle cables. I'm trying to remove them both the NSS & shift throttle cables to test them, but i cant get the remote assembly off, its a concealed side mount, i have to be missing a pin or screw some were? Since i'm going to be work on that i need help with identifying another part (with the Red Housing) so i can swap it out PLEASE HELP ME OUT.. 20140113_145402(0).jpg

Attachments

• 20140113_145414.jpg
    20140113_145414.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Re: Removal of Remote Control

The red cable is the steering cable.----------Have you checked the fuse on the motor ????-------Seems you might want to look for fuses on the motor before taking the control box apart.----If you are running on a hose then prop will still spin in nuetral !---That is because oil is dragging the parts around.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

To check out the shift/throttle cables remove them from the motor. Then run the control box through its paces, F_N_R. Check the cables on the motor end and see what they are doing. At the same time pull on them to see if one's broken. The neutral safety switch can be checked without removing the control box.

dolla101

Cadet

yes racerone I've checked all the fuses on the motor/boat

dolla101

Cadet

i'll try that tomorrow supreme mariner.. thank for the info i'll post a update!