evinrude e100tlcsc temp sender and tachometer

deepblue1

Recruit
Hi Guys, i just buy an evinrude e100tlcsc and the whole instrumental and gauges are disconnected please can you tell me if this engine have temp sender and where is it and how to connect the tachometer

thanks a lot in advance

regards from Argentina

Paul

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: evinrude e100tlcsc temp sender and tachometer

It has a overheat temp switch/sender. Its in the back, enclosed in the water cover and has a brown wire connected to it.
Tachnometer depends on what your replacement ones wiring system has

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The overheat switch only feeds the hot horn. It cannot provide the variable current needed to drive a dash temp gauge. You will have to install a separate temp sender on the engine to feed the gauge. (Make sure the sender is compatible with the gauge.) It's fairly easy to make a metal "Z" bracket that will hold the tip of the sender onto the face of one of the heads. If you have a matching 1980 control box, there should be a 3-prong plug next to the key switch. That plug is there to provide power to a factory tach. It has ground, power and the (grey) tach signal wire.

deepblue1

Recruit

hi guys, thanks for your replies, i found the temp switchs but like emdsapmgr says i need a sender. i will set one . another question the sender no needs to be in contact to the water?

thank again
Paul

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's fairly easy to make a metal "Z" bracket that will hold the tip of the sender onto the face of one of the heads. .

No water contact.