Updating Ficht Fuel Injector Coefficients

Hello,

Engine: 2001 Evinrude 115 FICHT E115FPXSIF

My EMM failed and DFI was unable to repair it.
I have replaced the EMM with a used one and the motor runs, although I have not attempted to run it above idle.
I have the engine history report from the new (used) EMM showing the injector data but, obviously, it relates to the injectors originally installed on the motor that the EMM came from, not my motor and injectors.

I have the injector data (coeffs A,B,C,D) for my injectors and would like to update the information into the EMM.

Can I do this with he EV DIAG software and the DB9-Duetch adapter or do i need the bootstrap cable?

Question #2: When I run the motor at idle with muffs connected to a garden hose, after it has warmed up enough that the water coming from the tell-tale is warm, I remove the water hose going to the EMM and I get no water at all.

I intend to drop the lower until and replace the water pump/impellor just in case.\

Any help on these matters would be much appreciated.

Larry, Fort Lauderdale Florida

UPDATE:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I used a long nylon wire tie to stick in the water passage of the Vapor separator to the EMM and found no obstruction. I fired up the motor using muffs and saw water flowing to and out of the EMM, but I had turned the hose up with more pressure. I put the lower unit in a tank and fired it up and let it run a few minutes and no water came out of the tell tale. I'm guessing that my impeller inside the water put went bad and fried the EMM before I got any warning buzzer or indicator lights. The lower unit had fresh fluid but, because the motor has such low hours, I had not replaced the impeller. Funny thing is that it was on my TO DO list.

I'm going to drop the lower unit and rebuild/replace the water pump/impeller assembly. It is ready to drop and I'm reading the manual on how to disconnect the shifter linkage on my V4 60 degree, The manual isnt real clear.

I have an old copy of the EV Diag software that should work on my 2001 motor but I dont have the cable.
Radio Shack doesnt have the deutch 3-pin connector and the local electronics shop never heard of it.

Last edited:

daselbee

Commander
Re: Updating Ficht Fuel Injector Coefficients

Yes you can enter the injector parameters directly via the screens presented by the EvDiag software. You do not need the bootstrap cable. I usually enter the parameters one at a time, saving the info, closing the program, powering down the EMM, and then re-starting everything back to enter the next injector. For some reason, I have seen numbers "shift" in position in the fields if I don't do it that way.
Double and triple check your entries.

The water thru the EMM issue is a critical thing. You MUST have water cooling that unit. On a V6, the water flows thru the vap/separator HP fuel circulation pump first, then to the EMM. The vap/sep has been known to clog. Get that water flowing. Lack of cooling water likely killed your old EMM.

You can monitor the EMM temp via EVDiags also.