No Power under full throttle 1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp 75ETLR79R

gruntbox69

Recruit
1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp 75ETLR79R

Hi all new to this forum I have a 1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp and the problem I'm having is no power under full throttle, it starts good idles well
now here is the funny thing it will putt around on full throttle but all of a sudden it will kick in and will run perfect but stop the engine and start again same problem
checked all the linkages they are working fine, throttle body is completely open, Did a compression test and its has 120psi on all three cylinders, Check spark
it was jumping a decent gap!!! any ideas guys?

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: No Power under full throttle 1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp 75ETLR79R

1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp 75ETLR79R

Hi all new to this forum I have a 1979 Johnson outboard Stinger 75hp and the problem I'm having is no power under full throttle, it starts good idles well
now here is the funny thing it will putt around on full throttle but all of a sudden it will kick in and will run perfect but stop the engine and start again same problem
checked all the linkages they are working fine, throttle body is completely open, Did a compression test and its has 120psi on all three cylinders, Check spark
it was jumping a decent gap!!! any ideas guys?

Ayuh,.... Sounds like Crud in the Carbs,...

Pull 'em, 'n Rebuild 'em,...

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Do a cylinder drop test on it to see if it's running on all three cylinders when the problem occurs.

gruntbox69

Recruit

Do a cylinder drop test on it to see if it's running on all three cylinders when the problem occurs.

Taking it out again this week end ill give it a try then let ya know