The Ranger: A Boat Restoration Saga. P.S. HELP!

Mercnewguy

Seaman
Alright so I finally have a motor hung on the back of my 1982 Ranger. As far as I know it is a 1973 Evinrude Starflite 115. Only problem is how do I hook it up? Came to me in what was then confirmed running condition but its been a while. I finally got the old mercury motor that was on the back before sold so I have a little more money to put back into the boat. Thus the saga continues. I do not know how to hook this motor up. The steering to the motor only has 1 push rod but the steering that was already on my boat has 2 cables coming to the back? Which one do I use? Do I need the other one? How do I remove that center push rod. It seems impossible so I must be missing something. Next I need to hook up the controller. It is the ol red plug design. Should I use the shifter that is already on my boat and just replace the ends on it with some Evinrude connectors? Or should I just take off the quicksilver controller and install the old Evinrude controller? It would be nice to keep the old one but the evinrude controller has the ignition on it so I don't know how I would wire it up to start it if I did not use the evinrude controller. Thanks for your help in advance in helping me get this boat in the water as soon as possible.

Pushrod1.jpgPushrod2.jpgPushrod 3.jpg